San Francisco & Boston, more convenient than ever before
Virgin Atlantic are introducing brand new direct flights to San Francisco and Boston in the summer of 2017. Flights to San Francisco will be twice weekly and three times weekly for Boston. Both new services will operate on one of the airline’s newest A330 aircraft and will be fully configured with Upper Class, Premium Economy and Economy cabins. This gives the 22 million passengers living within two hours of Manchester Airport yet another great long haul destination to choose from!
San Francisco is one of the most vibrant and famous cities in the world. The Golden Gate Bridge is an iconic landmark of the city and spans elegantly across the bay. At the other side you’ll find idyllic towns such as Sausalito and Tiburon in neighbouring Marin County and for extra fun, why not catch the ferry back! Famous for its classic cable cars, dynamic diversity, grand dame Victorians and beautiful waterfront, the ‘City by the Bay’ really has it all. San Francisco stands out as one of the ultimate must-sees on any traveller’s wish list and with good reason. Travel up and down the city’s signature hills and cling onto the clanging trams as you chug through Chinatown and the iconic Fisherman’s Wharf.
As one of the oldest settlements in the USA and the largest city in New England, Boston has plenty of historic culture. Boston is an easy blend of historic charm and modern conveniences, with a busy street life and beautiful architecture, green parks and gardens, skyscrapers and modern freeways, museums, galleries and colonial churches.
Escape to Utah with flights from London to Salt Lake City
Be transported to the otherworldly capital of Utah with affordable flights to Salt Lake City from London. The polished skyscrapers and gothic architecture of downtown are matched by the dramatic Wasatch mountain range, which emerges boldly in the distance. Visit Temple Square and you’ll find Salt Lake Assembly Hall, alongside the formidable Salt Lake Temple, where only members of the Latter-day Saints Church are allowed. Yet there’s more to this city than Mormons, as the buzzing arts culture, growing academic community, and great modern dining scene will attest.
In addition to the countless urban highlights of this cosmopolitan capital, Salt Lake City is located within an extraordinary natural landscape of towering mountains and a desertscape of salt flats. Made famous by numerous accomplishments of land speed records, the Bonneville Salt Flats are a natural phenomenon that spread out as far as the eye can see. Needless to say, these mesmerising salt flats have been featured in numerous blockbuster films due to their strange and spectacular appearance. You shouldn’t miss the Wasatch Mountains while you’re here. The snow-capped peaks and colossal, menacing slopes offer some of the best skiing on earth. Experience luxury throughout your travel no matter which class you choose to travel in, you are sure to enjoy a relaxed and comfortable journey, to find out more click here.
Virgin Atlantic will be introducing two new 787-9 aircraft by the end of the year to their operational 787’s to a total number of 13, Virgin Atlantic has one of the youngest fleets in the industry! Find out more below…
Virgin Atlantic cabins
- Enjoy the effortless comfort of complimentary chauffeur driven car* transfers to and from the airport.
- At London Heathrow, breeze through the Private Security Channel within the Upper Class Wing.
- Take time out in the incredible Clubhouse** and choose from the fantastic food and fine wine menu.
- Onboard, relax or socialise at the Upper Class bar, it’s your choice.
- Stretch out in your super comfortable Upper Class suite.
- Stay connected with inseat laptop power and onboard WiFi***.
- Finish off your imaginatively designed meal with cheese and port.
- Enjoy a great night’s sleep in your spacious, fully flat bed.
- On landing in the morning at London Heathrow, get ready to take the day on at the welcoming Revivals† lounge.
* Chauffeur driven car service available at most destinations with selected Upper Class fares (J, C, D & I class). Mileage restrictions apply. ** Lounge facilities vary at each destination. *** Available on selected flights for a fee. † Open daily 5.00am-1.30pm.
- Speed through the airport thanks to special priority check in and boarding.
- Relax preflight with a glass of welcome bubbly and newspaper in the dedicated cabin.
- Recline on your wide leather seat with headrest, footrest and 38in (over 96cm) seat pitch.
- Enjoy your choice of three delicious main dishes, upgraded with china crockery, cutlery and linen.
- Finish your meal with an after dinner liqueur.
- Snooze or freshen up on night flights with your Relax Pack.
- Stay connected with inseat power and onboard WiFi*.
- Help yourself to tempting snacks and soft drinks whenever you like.
* Available on selected flights for a fee.
- Start your holiday by easily managing your booking at virginatlantic.com. Choose your seat in advance* via fast online or mobile check in.
- Relax onboard in your comfy seat with 31in (over 78cm) seat pitch. Or buy even more space with an Extra Legroom or Exit Row seat.
- Choose from three tasty meals, plus complimentary drinks and snacks throughout.
- Settle in with the latest and greatest award winning entertainment.
- Stay connected with onboard WiFi**.
- Know the kids are looked after with special movies, meals and activity books.
- On night flights, freshen up with your Relax Pack, sip a soothing hot chocolate and take a snooze.
To book your next adventure to Boston, San Francisco or a range of other amazing destinations watch the video below and contact your Travel Counsellor today.